Catalogue of bodies

What would you like to see in future versions of the editor?
boontwiks

Catalogue of bodies

Post by boontwiks »

I have been thinking about adding a catalogue of this king via Angelscript, but realized this was hard to implement this way.
Basically, what I was thinking is a small window showing a searchable list of bodies (like 'bike', 'stone', 'hill' etc.) with their respective fixtures and textures to be added to the scene. This would allow browsing for certain elements that appear multiple times in a level and adding them.

Thanks for your time,
boontwiks
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Catalogue of bodies

Post by iforce2d »

What I have done in the past is either to keep those 'catalog' things in the same scene but well out of the play area, and duplicate them where I need. You could also keep them in a separate scene copy+paste them in from there. After doing the copy+paste the pasted bodies will be at the same location they were in the source scene, so you could put the cursor at the desired location and hit S,C (selection to cursor) to place them.

If you were to make the 'catalog' bodies as 'objects' (references to external files) then you could use your operating system's file explorer - usually they are searchable - as the catalog window and drag+drop them in from there.