Single joint properties

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
kyle.bong2@gmail.com

Single joint properties

Post by kyle.bong2@gmail.com »

Hi all,

I have two joints on top of each other, anyway to focus on one in properties instead of multiple? Maybe stupid question but I can't seem to find it :( Please see screen

Using Rube 1.7.3

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (40.1 KiB) Viewed 14001 times
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Single joint properties

Post by iforce2d »

If you right click on them, you should see a popup menu that lets you select them individually.
You could also use the items panel (F6 panel) to change the selected items.
In either case it will help to give them different names to tell them apart.
Voptiplex

Post by Voptiplex »

Hi Chris,

I do have a problem with mutiple joints as well.

I know I can right click on the joints and then decide which joint I would like to select. If i then use the escape key I can "backwards" navigate the multiple joint selection and see the properties of the selected joint in the Properties window.
Strangely, this only works if I do klick on the multiple joints at least once to see the "Multiple" fields in the Properties window. If the Properties window is blank (so nothing is selected) and then I try to use the right click, the Properties window stays blank and nothing is displayed.

Also sometimes the "Multiple" fields for the body stay on multiple even if I have selected one joint. Then I need to minimise the Properties window and everything is displayed correctly after expansion of the window.

This behaviour does exist for quite a while already. I am using a Mac, so both problems do exist for several OS X and RUBE versions.

Would you have any idea what causes this behaviour ?

Thanks,
Thomas
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Thanks Thomas, yes that seems to be a bug that has appeared in recent versions. Unfortunately I have just moved countries and don't have my main development computer here yet. I'll have to fix it once that arrives.
Voptiplex

Post by Voptiplex »

Ok, no rush. As described above, there is a workaround ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas