Hiding/Revealing images based name?

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
ivanvoynov

Hiding/Revealing images based name?

Post by ivanvoynov »

Good day everyone. I'd like to first thank the creator of RUBE for making it so awesome and continuously improving it. (thumbs up to that)

I am trying to simulate layering effect as I couldn't find it in editor nor in the forums. My problem is thus: I have images with names based on the layer that they are on and I want to view them separately. That means hide and reveal.

Is there anything like that I could use through scripts or something? I would really appreciate the hours of level design struggles you could save me.

Thank you,

Ivan.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Hiding/Revealing images based name?

Post by iforce2d »

This sounds like the 'display levels' feature that will be added in future. The best you could do with scripts for now is to move things out of the current view area so they will be off screen, eg. move them exactly 100 units upwards for example. Then you'd need a script to move them 100 units downward to get them back into the right place before exporting. No... it's not very elegant I'm afraid. There is a little bit about keyboard hooks in this video that might give you some ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM_yYvk3AKk (watch from 24:00)
ivanvoynov

Re: Hiding/Revealing images based name?

Post by ivanvoynov »

Thanks man, will sure look into it. Waiting for the updates :)