Selecting bodies and other images

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
MsTei

Selecting bodies and other images

Post by MsTei »

Hi! I'm a newbie to RUBE.

I am building a game level, and was wondering if there's a way to select bodies and other images at the same time?

1. I drag in an image (ground, slide, etc) and create a body + fixture from it, and make it a static body.
2. Copy/paste the ground body to form a longer ground, place the slide body on it. Then I add in ornaments of grass and flowers.

I can select the bodies (ground, slide, etc), and I can select the images (ground image, grass, flowers, etc) and move them separately, but is there a way to highlight them all at the same time so I can move them together at once?

I don't know if it means I have to add the images to the body or fixture (my vocab is limited) or how. Please help! Thank you. =)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 1.25.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 1.25.19 PM.png (227.74 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
MsTei

Re: Selecting bodies and other images

Post by MsTei »

Ok! I found the answer "how to attach multiple images to one body" thanks to your tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEPKhdzIpk.

To attach the grass to an existing body:
1. Select grass
2. In Properties section, click on the Body value (none)
3. A pop-up may appear saying "Please select the new body to use for this image" -> OK
4. I would click on the ground body the grass would be associated with. Now I select the ground body and can move it with the grass attached.

Well! Thanks for being my rubber ducky. :lol:
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Selecting bodies and other images

Post by iforce2d »

Good to see you got it figured. Nice artwork!