Skipping compile script because mutex lock failed

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
Friksel

Skipping compile script because mutex lock failed

Post by Friksel »

First of all, I like the RUBE editor and I give it a try before I buy. Looks very promising by what I've seen on videos.

Downloaded the trial version, but somehow RUBE trial is not even running the demo-scenes.
After pressing 'run' or the red arrow above the sceneview, the message log says:
'Skipping compile script because mutex lock failed'. It shows the scene, but there is no action/movement.

I didn't place this thread in the bugs forum, 'cause I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, the trial doesn't support running or that it really is a problem.
I run the 32x version of RUBE inside Windows 8 64x

Again, I would like to buy the software, but I'd like to see it working first.

Could somebody tell me if I'm missing something here or how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Skipping compile script because mutex lock failed

Post by iforce2d »

By default a player view will be paused when it first opens. Did you un-pause it (press space bar, or the 'play' button in the toolbar)?

The message about skipping the script compile usually means that the auto-compile tried to run just as the script panel contents were changed (eg. by manual edit or by switching views) or when a script was run manually (eg. by undo/redo or normal script execution). It should only happen very occasionally and is harmless in most cases. Are you seeing it regularly, and you can make it happen every time when you want to? If so that would be quite strange and I should take a look at it.
Friksel

Re: Skipping compile script because mutex lock failed

Post by Friksel »

Thanks. The world starts playing after hitting the spacebar!