Custom properties

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
Ockonal

Custom properties

Post by Ockonal »

Hello! Thank you for the great recent updates :)

The question is: is it possible to add custom prop only to the selected objects and not to add it as a template for the all object of the same type (i.e. when selected one object property editor shows one properties, and when another - another properties).

If it's not possible, can you add such feature, I think it's not very hard because when I copy-paste objects with own custom properties from one scene to another, the custom prop doesn't duplicate.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Custom properties

Post by iforce2d »

This is coming in the next update. You will be able to specify which properties should be displayed for each individual item using script callbacks. For example, there are some functions with this format:

Code: Select all

bool shouldDisplayProperty( body b, string propertyName )
... for which you can fill out the contents to have complete control over which properties are shown. The same concept will also be used to decide which items and properties get exported.

Actually, this is already done. Let me know by email if you would like to try a preview and for which OS.

By the way, when you copy objects between scenes the custom properties are all copied. You just don't see them in the copied-to scene properties panel because that scene does not have its custom properties set up.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Custom properties

Post by iforce2d »

Implemented in v1.5