Yet another question about images

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
Ockonal

Yet another question about images

Post by Ockonal »

Hello, everything worked as it should but now I have some problems with images in rube scene. The simple case:

I've created 2 images with resoultions: 1000x600 and 600x200. Added both of them to the new rube scene without any modification (scale, etc.) Look at screen:

Why does smaller image bigger in the scene? Now I want to create a physic shape of this images but how to be sure that the sizing of the world, bodies and images are right?
Attachments
rube.jpg
rube.jpg (183.77 KiB) Viewed 7943 times
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Yet another question about images

Post by iforce2d »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40

The next update will add script event hooks so you can do this automatically every time you drop images into the scene.
Ockonal

Post by Ockonal »

That's it. Sorry, didn't find that post previously.
Maybe, it would be a good idea to write somewhere the meaning of scale property for images? I saw a lot of people with thinking that scale is a percentage.

Thanks.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Yes, sorry the search function on these forums is so absolutely useless... I am using PHPBB which I thought was a well-established and robust project, but apparently not. I'll see what I can do about fixing that.

Hmm... a percentage of what, I wonder?
The tooltip for the scale property says what it means, which I figure is the first place people would look. I had thought it was mentioned in the main help too, but now that I check, it is not. I have mentioned it in many videos, but I tend to forget that videos are not a good resource when it comes to searching for specific information like this. Ideally the help needs a full-text search and index, to find info like this quickly.

Maybe I should change the property title to say "Vertical height" or "Size (physics units)" or something, to avoid potential confusion with the percentage idea.