RUBE Help

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
rileyrg

RUBE Help

Post by rileyrg »

I really want to use RUBE on Debian Linux. Cant open sqlite database :QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded Image
rileyrg

Re: RUBE Help

Post by rileyrg »

If there is no fix then the help files as a pdf would help a lot . (And yes I have sqlite installed)
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Are you starting the program by running the 'rube' file (as opposed to the 'rube.bin' file)? The 'rube' file is a wrapper that should tweak your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make the program use the Qt libraries I have included with the download. That error you are seeing might be caused by the program trying to use the version of SQLite that is on your system already, which is perhaps not compatible.

If it helps in the meantime, you can view the help (slightly outdated version) online here: http://www.iforce2d.net/rubehelp/
rileyrg

Post by rileyrg »

Thanks for the reply. I missed the rube file but am now using it : and yes it works. Thanks.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Could you enable replies on your YouTube comment so I can link to this or mention for future viewers that it does in fact work on Debian :)
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Sorry, I was assuming you are MrRichiehamburg here but maybe you weren't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-pmWLLGrU
The close timing on two Debian questions both mentioning the SQLite related issue seems too coincidental...
Anyway, I was going to also reply there that that particular video is not really intended as a tutorial. In the main tutorial videos I do try to mention which keys I'm using to do things. You can find links to the main tutorials from the main index page of the built-in help, or at this YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... XDjtE6PFr9
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

ah, and I see you found those tutorials already, ok :D
rileyrg

Post by rileyrg »

It is me yes. I'll recomment later ;) I wish I'd found rube earlier.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Nobody's gonna reply to you on YouTube unless you enable replies :)
There is a basic 'getting started' section in the built-in help that might be useful for building a multi fixture and joint body from scratch.
rileyrg

Post by rileyrg »

Oh yes, you mentioned that above. I glossed over it ... wasn't even aware replies were off! I'll sort that out.